Elevate your narrative with data storytelling training
Harness the power of data storytelling to communicate insights effectively
Employ data storytelling techniques to distill key insights from data and shape them into clear, actionable recommendations that speed up decision-making processes. Master the art of transforming complex data points into compelling stories that drive action.
The vital role of data storytelling in today’s business landscape
Data-related roles are the third fastest growing occupation according to research from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Yet, hiring data-savvy employees doesn’t always translate into results.
The missing link? The ability to communicate data effectively and turn raw data into actionable insights.
Our Duarte DataStory® training teaches a research-based methodology for explaining data in a way that moves people to action. This isn’t just about data analysis or data visualization – it’s about mastering presentation skills to deliver persuasive data communication.
of learners are likely to recommend the Duarte DataStory® workshop
average Duarte facilitator score
of learners say the workshop will help them do their job better
Transform your data into a compelling narrative
- Present data as a recommendation that motivates clients and stakeholders to act
- Utilize data storytelling techniques to present data in a way that decision-makers can easily understand and approve
- Institute a common “data language” and methodology to increase decision-making speed across your organization
- Maximize the potential of your data by crafting a data story that resonates
Ways to learn
Learning formats for your data storytelling training
Whether in person or online, these workshops provide facilitated discussion, small group collaboration, and hands-on practice to refine your recommendation.
Live online workshop
$990 per person
- Spread over two days, with two 90-minute sessions each day
- One 30-minute break per day
- Physical or digital kit
$990 per person
- One day, packed with four 90-minute sessions
- Three 15-minute breaks and a 45-minute lunch
- Physical kit
Take the first steps to achieving data storytelling mastery over four sessions
Synthesis and empathy
- Become fluent in the Language of Data™
- Write clear observations and chart titles to explain data insights
- Synthesize insights and empathize with decision makers
- Strengthen strategic actions
- Learn to articulate your recommendation as a Big Idea™
- Write an executive summary structured in three acts
- Utilize Story Thinking™ to create persuasive recommendations
- Define the “What, Why, and How” of your recommendation
- Contrast with counter arguments to support your data story
- Learn how to make data visualization stick in the audience’s mind
- Overlay annotation and sketch hierarchy for clarity
- Translate your recommendations into persuasive Slidedocs®
Transform your data into decisions
Join our data storytelling workshop with these training options
Train your team
Customized learning journeys for teams from 10 to 1000s. Perfect for honing data storytelling and analysis skills across your organization.
Get updates on upcoming workshops!
Notify me about the next data storytelling training.
Explore our related courses
Engage in continuous learning with our other workshops.
Captivate™Improve your public speaking
Overcome bad habits, conquer fears, and increase your confidence in any speaking setting. Discover your strengths and build on them to improve your delivery.
Slidedocs®Create "skimmable" documents
Build helpful pre-reads and impactful leave-behinds with presentation software to support knowledge sharing and decision-making.
Dive into the world of data storytelling with these supporting articles and resources
Post-training, you’ll gain exclusive access to a wealth of resources and the opportunity to connect with subject matter experts, ensuring continuous learning and support in your data storytelling journey.
4 storytelling techniques to bring your data to life
Discover practical tips to help you communicate complex information in a clear and engaging way.
An introduction to telling data stories
It’s not enough for our data to make sense. Impactful communicators create meaning for decision makers by using story to make concise, actionable recommendations.