Duarte’s 2Day VisualStory workshop on July 25 & 26 will now be held at The Hyatt Regency London – The Churchill.
The facilities at the Hyatt will allow for better experience for our particular needs, and if you need to stay the night, the accommodations will be easier on your wallet.
Don’t worry, Nancy Duarte will still be dropping by after we finish up Day 1 of the workshop for mingling, informal Q&A, and book-signing. This will happen at the Hyatt from 5 – 6 p.m. on July 25, for workshop attendees only.
After 6 p.m., guests and general public are welcome to join the fun at the Hyatt’s hotel bar. Nancy will depart at 7:30 p.m. If you’re in the neighborhood, please come say hello!
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions.
Hope you can join us!
2Day VisualStory Workshop
Thursday July 25 & Friday, July 26, 2013
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. each day
The Hyatt Regency London – The Churchill
30 Portman Square
London W1H 7BH
(Note: The event moved from the W Hotel to The Hyatt Regency – The Churchill.)
About the 2Day VisualStory Workshop
When you combine the persuasive power of the spoken word with memorable visuals, your ideas become unstoppable. In Duarte’s two-day deep dive into VisualStory™, you’ll write your next presentation using the power of story structure, and storyboard slides using effective visual display of information. You’ll walk in with an idea and leave with that idea developing into a persuasive visual story.
What You’ll Learn:
Day 1: Create your content in a story form
• Understand the Business Case for Story
• Understand the Hero’s Journey – and apply it to your audience’s journey
• Develop a Big Idea – and address an audience’s Risk, Resistance and Reward
• Practice rapid brainstorming to generate content
• Create out-of-the-box concepts and perspectives
• Embed contrast to create interest through tension and release
• Construct clear turning points
• Use the Presentation Form™ to analyze their presentation
• Establish audience empathy
Day 2: Visually design your content for effective understanding.
• Build an analog storyboard
• Identify a slide’s signal vs. noise ratio
• Arrange slide elements for audience comprehension
• In teams, turn words into picture and think like a designer
• Think like a designer
Who Should Attend
Anyone who has critical persuasive communication to deliver and has an influential leadership role. Primarily senior manager level and above who write their own content and use slides to express their insights visually. During the two days, you will begin to write and storyboard your next critical presentation and be transformed as a communicator.
What to Bring
Each participant needs to have a presentation idea s/he wants to write and storyboard. This could be an old one in need of a rewrite, or new presentation. Printouts are ok, as a reference point, but not required.
What Not to Bring
A laptop. You won’t need one. We work with pens and sticky notes.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
Hope to see you there!
The Duarte Academy